Next time you have the privilege to work with/be served by/walk past someone who does something for you that no one asked them to do (but they did it anyway because they knew it mattered to you) try saying a big thank you.
What’s a big thank you?
In Linchpin, Seth Godin offers several big thank you options, including:
- Thank you and can you teach me how to do that?
- Thank you and you changed me forever.
- Thank you and how can I help you spread the word.
- Thank you and I just blogged about what you did.
- Thank you and you made me cry.
- Thank you and I told your boss what a wonderful thing you did.
Now for your thoughts:
What’s the best “big thank you” you’ve ever given or received?